At Community Living Atikokan, we believe that all individuals, if provided with the right opportunities, tools, supports and connections can obtain and maintain meaningful employment.
What are the benefits of employment:
- Increase in community presence and be an integral part of
- Learn and increase new skills
- Experience new opportunities
- Builds self-esteem, value and self-worth
- Creates and builds meaningful relationships
- Improves quality of life
- Expands social networks
- Promotes and fosters independence
- Improves financial situation
Community Living Atikokan has a wide variety of employment opportunities as well as an established customer base. The most successful and busiest contacts are yard maintenance (grass cutting & snow removal), laundry and car detailing. We also offer janitorial services, catering, document shredding, vending machine operations and mail pick up/delivery.
In addition to the aforementioned services, we own and operate an extremely successful eatery called Chips R Us. This is a seasonal chip stand that operates from May to October and is very popular with locals and tourists alike. Chips R Us employs approximately 10 individuals.
What we offer:
- Matching the needs of customers with skills & abilities of employees
- Provide on the job training that is individualized and job specific
- Provide flexible scheduling
- Provide employment
- Provide employment related training such as First Aid, WHMIS, Safe Food Handling and more.